Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stand Still

On my way in to work this morning I got to thinking about what I want out my life. Right now, I just feel like I am at a stand still in my professional career. My job is currently less than satisfying, I'm not being challenged by anything in my life career wise, and I just feel like I have need to move forward with my life and get out of this rut.

My brian has been working in overdrive these last couple of weeks trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Go back to school? Change career paths? If so, where do I even want to start? These are just a few of my questions that have been rolling around in my head lately.

I have come to determine, at my ripe old age of 25, trying to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life at 18 when you're starting college is just too soon. Let's look into that a little deeper, how many people do you know are actually doing the job they went to school for? Well it's not many. Yes there are a few people out there that know what they want to do in life and they truly enjoy their career life, then there are others, let's just say me for example, who changed their major 4 times in college and still don't know what they want to do in life.

Ok, I know I am just rambling on now so I won't bore you with any more.

Hope you all have a good day. And I'll let you know what happens after my life gets moving again.

2 comments:

Momma P said...

I totally, and completely, AGREE!

18 is WAY to young to be deciding your future. I am no longer in the field I got my degrees in, but I am using the fact that I have a Master's so I guess I'm still benefiting a bit. Let me know if you ever want to come over to the dark side of working with emotionally disturbed kids:) I'll say a prayer for you too!

Kayt said...

Hey, me at 21 and I'm still not sure. I was so sure 2 years ago. But no need to get discouraged...Take it for what it is, a life lesson from God. He gives them to us for a reason.

I love you, and I'll talk to you soon!
Kayt