Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Job Hunt Continues

The job hunt is not done yet. Lamar is still talking to a bew people on a daily basis and so much sounds promising, but so much is also dissapointing. This whole unemployment thing has really started to get to Lamar. The man does not like to spend his days in the house for anything. On the weekends is always going and doing something. So these past three weeks sitting inside daily, watching tv, sleeping on the couch with Brek, etc. is starting to make him go stir crazy. As he states, it is too cold to do anything outside, so he just stays in. I'm really hoping Brek isn't getting to comfortable with this situation, because I'm really hoping it doesn't last that much longer.

In better news, I recently won two all-inclusive (the only way we are able to go) trips to Cancun. My work has been having a membership drive and there were qualifications to meet in order to receive a trip and guess what, I met those twice. Which means, Lamar and I (hopefully) will be going to Cancun sometime in March. We will be staying at The Eldorado Royale. There are quite a few people from work that will be coming and bringing their signicant others as well. Should be quite a bit of fun. Even though I don't know how I feel about people I work with seeing me in my swim suit. (Someone you work with should never see you half-naked, at least in my opinion.)

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and please keep the job hunting in your prayers for Lamar.

-Alexis

1 comment:

Jon and Steph said...

Thanks so much for the comment! I am so excited to try your recipe! I always love new recipes!
So excited for the new follower......

I know exactly how your hubby feels! Not having a job and staying in doors is lame! I've had such a hard time with it, really it's unbearable.

But Cancun, are you kidding, that would be amazing... nothing is better than the beach, I hope you guys get to go! (I totally understand about being in a bathing suit in front of co-workers!)
I will keep Lamar in my prayers. I know how hard it is!