Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Crafty Side of Alexis

I'm sure most of you already know this, but I have a little crafty side to me. A couple of my co-workers and I recently threw a baby shower for another co-worker. I of course made the invitations (there is a picture below) and everyone in the office receive one. Most people made comments about how they loved them and that I could do this on the side and earn a little extra income.

So here is where you all come in, I have included some pictures of the invitations that I have created, my wedding and the baby shower and I would like to know if you like the invitations enough to order them from me, if the option was made available. Keep in mind that I can change the fonts, wording, layout, etc to meet your specifications. I am not one to put a lot of graphics or images on my inviations for a couple of reasons a)I am not a graphic designer and do not have the skills, as of right now, to do so and b)I honestly prefer the look of pure paper, ribbons, etc. Below I have briefly described each set and included pictures. Sorry there are so many pictures, but I want to make sure you got the idea of the invitations. Hope you enjoy!

*The pictures are not the biggest and for some reason I don't know how to have them enlarge when clicked on. If anyone wants to help me out let me know.


My wedding invitations


This is the front of my invitation. It was a pocket-fold invitation.

Once opened, this is what you saw: The invitation portion was on the top of the fold, and the information cards were below in a pocket. Since I had a destination wedding there was a lot of information the guests needed to know. Inside the pocket there are cards for Accomodations, Event Details, RSVP, and Directions. Sorry the wording is marked out, but I wanted to protect the information at the time.

This is the invitation itself.


These are two of the cards that were included, the Event Details and Directions


My wedding programs
My programs were a fan and here is a picture of them closed and open



Baby shower invitations and diaper cake

These are the baby shower invitations I made. The shower was for a baby girl and the colors were chocolate and pink.







This is the diaper cake that I made for the shower. The lollipops spell the baby's name and fresh flowers act as the cake topper.


No comments: