Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Owl vs. Brek


So do any of you know a dog that is scared of his own shadow? Well, that would just about explain Brek. The dog should be a chicken.

Last Friday after Lamar had left for work, and put Brek outside, I hear Brek barking. This is quite unusual for him as once he is outside he is usually quite content, but not today. I finally get out of bed and go see why he is barking. I get outside and look into the pen and see this stump looking object in his kiddie pool. Not knowing what to expect I get closer and decide to se if this object is alive or dead so I splash some water on it. As I splash this object, he then slowly turns its head and two big round eyes just stare up at me. At this point I was a little freaked out, I mean what would you think if you saw two big eyes just staring at you.

I, being the "chicken" that I am just run out of the pen and immediately call Lamar to tell him that there is a baby owl in Brek's pool and he is going to have to deal with it when he gets home.

Five o'clock finally rolls around and I meet Lamar at the house. WE then proceed to the backyard so we can get rid of the owl. After Lamar got it out of the pool it just sat on the ground and Brek had to get his turn with the owl. Long story short, the funniest part of this whole situation was Brek playing with the owl. So please be prepared to laugh out loud just like Lamar and I are doing in the video. You will have to excuse Lamar he is on the phone talking to his dad about this debacle the entire time.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

1 comment:

Amber said...

You inspired me to start a blog! The owl and brek is soo cute!