Thursday, July 17, 2008

Music, Pictures, and More DIY Projects

So this week and last have been filled with lot's of DIY projects, music, and pictures.

I do believe my biggest project for the wedding had to be the programs. These took forever! Although I love the outcome I don't know if I would make these again, they were a pain in the you know what. This is what the programs look like.
We hand cut each piece, and after cutting 450 pieces, I don't think I'll be doing many more of these! The programs should come in very useful. The reason I went with this design versus a typical program: 'I had to be different.' Well although that is partly true, the main reason I loved these are for the fact that the church is not air conditioned, and although Estes Park Colorado is in the mountains and it just doesn't get HOT up there like it does in Memphis, I figured people might still like a little breeze during the ceremony. So hopefully these will work out like I hoped and come in useful. We will also be providing bottles of water at the ceremony for the same reason as above, no airconditioning, can make lot's of people uncomfortable, especially when you're wearing suits, tuxedos, bridal gowns, etc.
Next, we have been working on picking out music for the reception. Nothing better than waiting til the last minute to do things. I am still waiting on my dad's final say for our song, but I think Lamar got a song for him and his mom picked out last night. Needless to say, www.youtube.com has been our friend on this project. We would find a list of songs then go to youtube to listen to it.
The last thing we have been working on is pictures. We are trying to make a list of all the pictures we want taken so life is made so much easier for both our photographer as well as us.
Well I don't know if any of the rest of you have figured out that we have less than 2 1/2 weeks left til the wedding, but trust me we certainly have. Things have been a little hectic, more for my mom than me. Since the wedding is so far away. Mom is taking the brunt of the work load. I am doing what I can, but trust me this wedding would not be what it is without the help of my mom, sister, and dad. I thank you all.
Til next time, I hope you all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Momma P said...

Have you lost your mind girl?!?! You are doing so many projects, I dont know how you still have time to breathe let alone work and sleep. I'm very excited for you and Lamar!! Marriage is wonderful, sometimes stressful, but wonderful! Can't wait to see photos!!!