Thursday, March 18, 2010

Changes are in the Air

So the end of March is drawing near and that means many new changes for this family.

Since September, I have been attending RCIA, Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, in the Catholic Church. What does this mean, you may ask? It means that come Easter I will be Catholic. I have been attending a Catholic Church since probably 1997 so the Catholic faith is really nothing new, but there are so many things I never knew that I am definitely learning. I am very grateful for my loving husband to have attended these classes with me. Since he is my sponsor it has been so nice to have him by my side.

On April 5th, Lamar starts his new job. The down part to this is that we will have to live apart for awhile. Since the new job is not in Memphis, he will be moving down there Easter Sunday and I will be staying with some friends. (I am a chicken and didn't want to stay at our current home by myself for that long) I won't be moving down there until I can find a job, which who knows how long that will take. I have been searching for something since he first found out about the job back in February, and still NOTHING! Finding a job is no easy task, especially when you have no idea what you even want to do.

On April 15th we will be closing on our new home. The kicker to this is that we won't be able to move-in until June 30th! UGH!!! The sellers of our new home are actually in the process of building a new home and really did not want to move out until their new home was finished. In order for them to be a little negotiable we got the short end of the stick. We decided to go ahead and close on the home and let them rent from us, so we could go ahead and get the first time home buyers tax credit.

These are just a few of the changes going on in our lives today. I know there are others, but why should I continue to bore you. You may have noticed, this is the third day in a row that I have blogged! I am very proud of myself. I feel like I actually have something to say since our lives are changing. Hopefully I will continue this little hiatus and will be able to find things to blog about to keep everyone updated on our lives. (Not that any of you really care) :)

Have a good day!
Lex

2 comments:

Katy said...

I couldn't believe that there was ANOTHER update from Alexis this week!!! I was so excited!! I hate that y'all are moving, but excited for you to be starting a new chapter in your lives, and purchasing a home. We love y'all and will miss you!!!

alliemae said...

Congratulations on finding a house! That's so exciting :) It's been fun to read more about your life!