Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Is Here

Springtime is officially here and I am SOOOOO excited. I used to say that winter was one of my all time favorite seasons, it still is if there's snow to look at. But here in Tennessee, the best season is by far spring and fall.

We had a fairly uneventful weekend, but it was fun none the less. Friday night, our friends Brad and Katy came over to have dinner and hang out for a while. We had hamburgers and twice baked potatoes (thanks to hungry girl). Dinner was pretty good. We then just sat around and talked for a couple of hours. Brek loved the company and was quite fond of Brad. We will have to have them come over again.

Saturday, Lamar ended up working all day from 7 to 6:30. I was a little bored, but did get some good America's Next Top Model marathon watching in. I also took Brek on 2 walks. It was such a beautiful day, I hated to spend the entire day outside. Saturday night we went over to Ray's house to hang out and eat hamburgers again. We sat outside and just talked for a while. I will say, that being the only girl with a group of 4 guys was quite interesting. I'm glad they feel so comfortable with me and all, but "guy talk" is much different than "girl talk."

Sunday was supposed to be our lazy day since Lamar wanted to catch up on some sleep. I knew this wouldn't last long, just because Lamar is not the type to hang out indoors. So we laid around until about 12 then we both went outside and started to work. He went to work washing the cars, which by the way, mine looks fantastic and I can finally see out of my front windshield. I went to work raking and cleaning out the area on the north side of the house. We then had to go to Lowe's to get some supplies for Brek's fence and I wanted to get some flowers. I felt so domestic planting flowers. We were going to plant a garden, but the area we wanted to do it in is full of sand so we put that off for a little bit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Brad & Katy said...

Uneventful? It's always an event whenever I am present! :)

We had fun. We will come back over if we are invited.