Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"MmmmmKay"

We all have pet peeves. I know I probably have more than most people. But I can't help it, certain things just bother me.



I took an Intermediate Word 2007 class for work the other day and the name of this post stemmed from the class. You should be able to pick up on it under #2 below. There are a couple of things that are bothering me about this class. Let me just tell you about them, so you can all join in my misery:


  1. Now keep in mind this is an Intermediate class, but yet there are people in here that have never opened Word. This just does not make much sense at all.

  2. The instructor, although fairly decent, loves to say "Mmmmkay." And I don't know about anyone else, but it is about to drive me INSANE.

Since I'm on the topic, I'll name a few of my pet peeves. I would love to hear from all of you about what your pet peeves are.



  1. People smacking their gum instead of chewing

  2. I have a weird pet peeve about people saying words over and over, such as "mmmkay", "um" or other words that are used excessively.

  3. The Paul Harvey Show (He has past away now, so hopefully I won't have to listen to him much more)

  4. People stealing food out of the refrigerator at work that is not theirs. Come on people, don't you know I could put poisoning or something horrible in there.

  5. People who take up my precious time. i.e. 1)Taking an Intermediate class, when you should be in Basic, 2) Cashiers at the grocery store who take forever to scan your items because they are too busy talking to their co-workers and making a complete fool out of themselves.

  6. People who use the self-checkout lanes, but don't know how to use them.

  7. Cashiers chewing gum while they are working

Well those are just a few. I'm sure I could go on and on, but for now I will stop. As I said earlier please feel free to share some of your pet peeves with all of us.


-Lex

3 comments:

Kels and Kayt said...

I have a lot of pet peeves too! The biggest one being people who think a little bit of snow is cause for going 5 mph...everywhere. I kinda have a roadrage problem that Kayt can confirm! :D

Unknown said...

I hate it when people leave time on the microwave when they are done, when they don't press Clear. I also dont like it when people use fake accents and try to pull them off as their own. I have a friend that moved to NYC a year ago, from Texas, and all of a sudden she miraculously has a NY accent. UGH!

Anyhow, hi! Thanks for the comment and for reading! I got the dress a long time ago at Anthropologie, it is one of my favotires, thank you!!!

~Carolyn

Kels and Kayt said...

one of my pet peeves is when people complain about their pet peeves ;) can't wait for tommorrow! See ya then!