Saturday, March 8, 2008

Getting Started

Ok so this whole blogging thing is extremely new to me. I was recently asked by someone if Lamar and I had a website for our wedding plans and our future wedding. Since I didn't have one I thought that maybe I should. It would be a fun to way to post some pictures, and let everyone know of our upcoming wedding and some of our plans.

Well most of you know that we got engaged September 27th, 2007. I know it has been awhile but I can honestly say it has been one of the best times of my life. Since then, I have been working on wedding plans almost nonstop. We found the location of our wedding, Estes Park Colorado, as well as the church, reception site, and honeymoon location. (We have been busy with all these plans). Most of these plans everyone knows, but for those of you who don't, I will keep going.

I have been trying to find "The Perfect Dress". This is a harder task than I EVER imagined. My best friend Rachel informed me of a television show on TLC called "Say Yes to the Dress" on that show one of the owners goes up to a girl trying on a dress and tells her "It is harder to commit to a dress than it is to the guy." I firmly believe in this statement now. I have been to probably 30 dress shops and still have not found "The" dress. I mean I always hear of these stories that once you put it on you just know. How come I haven't felt that yet. Hopefully it will come. It has to come because I only have 5 months til my wedding. I'm honestly running out of time to find the dress.

I am currently working on my centerpieces for the wedding. I don't want my wedding to be a typical wedding. I want people to walk in and not realize they're walking into a wedding reception. I am trying to find some cordless water fountains or something similar for my centerpieces. Anyone have any ideas??? Please share. I am becoming desperate.

No comments: